PHYTEC America is a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of embedded System on Modules (SOMs). Our SOMs are insert-ready hardware, designed around advanced system on chips (SoCs), with accompanying Linux and Android Board Support Packages (BSPs). Device designers and manufacturers leverage PHYTEC SOMs, BSPs and design services to quickly and easily bring complex products to market. Our SOMs have been deployed in thousands of cutting-edge applications ranging from supercomputers, advanced robotics, medical devices, edge compute engines, enterprise infrastructure, renewable energy, automation, and more.
PHYTEC is seeking a motivated IT Systems Administrator for its office on Bainbridge Island. This position will be responsible for maintaining PHYTEC's entire network infrastructure with both backend server administration alongside frontend work assisting employees with their IT issues. Other duties will include maintaining our VoIP phone system, SAP ERP frontend and backend work, Confluence and Jira administration and occasional tool development.
- Troubleshooting, fixing, monitoring and maintaining:
- 50+ Linux servers (physical and virtual that include a mix of Dell, HP, and SuperMicro systems)
- 5+ Windows servers (physical and virtual)
- Windows, Linux, and MacOS desktops and devices
- PBX Phone system (server, phones, and cell app)
- 100+ services running on a combination of 60+ virtual machines and physical servers
- Fortinet networking equipment (firewall appliance and switches)
- Servers, systems, and networking equipment in remote facilities
- Quickbooks Enterprise
- VPN services (OpenVPN, IPSec, Wireguard)
- Onsite and offsite backups
- Documenting network topology, servers, and services
- Implementing, troubleshooting, and maintaining SAP ERP system
- Configuring, administering, and maintaining Confluence and Jira projects, permissions, workflows, etc...
- Maintaining network security
- Periodic travel between Bainbridge Island and Seattle offices
- Servicing IT desk to address internal user issues (computer, phone, wifi, etc...) for 25+ employees
- Office365 administration
- Installation, setup, and teardown of new and old equipment (servers, network switches, wifi routers etc...)
- 2-4 year degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 3+ years experience with Linux server administration
- At least 1+ years experience with Windows server administration
- Strong understanding of firewalls, routers, switches, VLANs and how packets traverse a network through routers/gateways and switching fabric
- Must be capable of responding on short notice 24/7 for IT emergencies
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Strong debugging skills with little assistance
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Confluence and Jira administration, configuration and maintenance
- Familiarity with Office365 and Outlook administration
- Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc...)
- MySQL replication
- Nagios/Icinga2 monitoring of servers and services
- bind9 DNS
- OpenVPN, IPSec VPN, and Wireguard VPN
- vSphere/ESXi hypervisor management and virtual machines
- Veeam backup and replication
- Backuppc, rsync, and other backup and replication strategies
- Server hardware buildup, teardown and maintenance (RAM, HDDs/SSDs, CPUs, RAID, I/O cards, etc...)
- Fluency in German will be an added advantage
What we offer you:
PHYTEC America has the energy of a startup on a stable foundation of over thirty-five years of success in the United States, Europe, China, and India. This means you will be part of a fast-moving and dynamic working environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success.
We also value work-life balance and provide a comprehensive benefits package, including company-paid medical, vision, and dental for you and your dependents; an employer-matched 401(k) plan; a profit-based bonus plan; and generous vacation and sick-leave benefits. Your salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Full-time (40 hours/week), Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm + 24/7 on-call in emergencies
PHYTEC America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other protected class.