PHYTEC America is a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of embedded System on Modules (SOMs). Our SOMs are insert-ready hardware, designed around advanced system on chips (SoCs), with accompanying Linux and Android Board Support Packages (BSPs). Device designers and manufacturers leverage PHYTEC SOMs, BSPs and design services to quickly and easily bring complex products to market. Our SOMs have been deployed in thousands of cutting-edge applications ranging from supercomputers, advanced robotics, medical devices, edge compute engines, enterprise infrastructure, renewable energy, automation, and more.
We seek a full-time Technical Project Manager to join our team on Bainbridge Island with flexible hybrid Work From Home (WFH) policies.
• Develop and drive project roadmaps and schedules
• Manage complex workloads and schedules of embedded hardware and software engineers
• Lead teams and drive initiatives to meet deadline-driven goals
• Bridge communication between customers and internal teams across various functions (sales, supply chain, manufacturing, management)
• Author Scopes of Work (SoWs) and Non-Recurring Engineering proposals
• Manage the end-to-end development cycle from initial specification and Scopes of Work (SoWs) to transition to New Product Introduction (NPI), mass production and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
• Assume ownership of project budgets and quality of deliverables
• Potentially travel to China, Germany and other international and domestic locations to advance projects
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering Management, Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant field
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in project management, with proven record of success in bringing project deliverables to production
• Ability to provide leadership, supervision and direction to peers
• Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills
• Extreme attention to detail
• Familiarity with advanced SoCs, hardware circuitries, embedded operating systems and related technologies
• Working knowledge of collaboration and project management tools (our tools include: Slack; Atlassian JIRA, Portfolio, Confluence)
Ideal candidates will also offer:
• A deep understanding of all phases of the product development cycle: Specification, R&D, Prototyping, EVT, DVT, PVT, NPI, Ramp, Mass Production and PLM
• PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
What we offer you:
PHYTEC America has the energy of a startup on a stable foundation of over thirty-five years of success in the United States, Europe, China, and India. This means you will be part of a fast-moving and dynamic working environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success.
We also value work-life balance and provide a comprehensive benefits package, including company-paid medical, vision, and dental for you and your dependents; an employer-matched 401(k) plan; a profit-based bonus plan; and generous vacation and sick-leave benefits. Your salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with great attention to detail, who possesses a strong degree of ownership whether working independently or within a team. If you feel you meet these requirements and would like to grow your skills and career with a company with over three decades of success, we would love to hear from you!
Bainbridge Island, WA with Flexible WFH Policies
Full-time position - 40 hours/week: Monday through Friday 8:00 am -- 5:00 pm (flexible)
PHYTEC America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and any other protected class.
Your application was submitted successfully.