PHYTEC America is a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of embedded System on Modules (SOMs). Our SOMs are insert-ready hardware, designed around advanced system on chips (SoCs), with accompanying Linux and Android Board Support Packages (BSPs). Device designers and manufacturers leverage PHYTEC SOMs, BSPs and design services to quickly and easily bring complex products to market. Our SOMs have been deployed in thousands of cutting-edge applications ranging from supercomputers, advanced robotics, medical devices, edge compute engines, enterprise infrastructure, renewable energy, automation, and more.
We seek a full-time Embedded Software Engineer to join our team on Bainbridge Island with flexible Work From Home (WFH) policies.
• Build extensive knowledge of PHYTEC products, services and underlying technologies
• Adapt and develop BSPs, including porting and integrating kernel device drivers, based on reference Linux and Android BSPs provided by PHYTEC chip partners
• Assist with releasing, documenting, and maintaining BSPs
• Bring up boards as part of debugging and verifying new PHYTEC SOM platforms
• Collaborate with hardware, field applications and test engineering teams, as well as with PHYTEC international counterparts and chip ecosystem partners
• Create compelling demo applications to highlight unique features of PHYTEC hardware
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• 3-5+ years’ experience shaping embedded Linux and/or Android
• Command of Linux, Yocto build systems, Git, containers, and related tools and technologies
• Deep understanding of embedded SoCs and other system architecture components
• Strong coding, analytical, quantitative, problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to quickly understand end customer products and applications
• Working knowledge of common collaboration and project management tools
• Drive, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
What we offer you:
PHYTEC America has the energy of a startup on a stable foundation of over thirty-five years of success in the United States, Europe, China, and India. This means you will be part of a fast-moving and dynamic working environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success.
We also value work-life balance and provide a comprehensive benefits package, including company-paid medical, vision, and dental for you and your dependents; an employer-matched 401(k) plan; a profit-based bonus plan; and generous vacation and sick-leave benefits. Your salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with great attention to detail, who possesses a strong degree of ownership whether working independently or within a team. If you feel you meet these requirements and would like to grow your skills and career with a company with over three decades of success, we would love to hear from you!
Bainbridge Island, WA with Flexible WFH Policies
Full-time position - 40 hours/week: Monday through Friday 8:00 am -- 5:00 pm (flexible)
PHYTEC America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and any other protected class.
Your application was submitted successfully.